We are so excited to be able to offer Circe (pronounced Ser Kay) Helios tandems for immediate hire in the UK. From the moment we first saw and rode this amazing tandem we knew they had to be added to our tandem hire fleet. So what is all the fuss about?
We first thought our Thorn touring tandems were the only way to enjoy tandem riding. They’re great for long touring trips and expeditions but for shorter trips such as weeks, weekends or charity rides they can often be a bit over engineered (big and heavy). The Circe Helios is what we call a ‘Compact Tandem’ whilst being fully capable of expedition use, one family recently rode a Circe Helios from China to the UK. It is also ideally suited to the first time rider. The Circe Helios is so versatile we believe it to be the ‘Swiss Army Knife’ of tandems.
Here are our Top Five reasons (in no particular order) for loving the Circe Helios tandem
1. One Size fits All – suitable for Captain 12yrs+ and Stoker 5yrs+ (tandems are usually specifically sized and most are unsuitable for children)
2. Nice and Light – weighing in at approx 16kg the Helios is very easy to balance making it ideal for those who are new to tandem riding
3. Easy to Transport – due to the compact size of the Helios it will fit in the back of most Medium/Large cars with the seats down or on a standard boot mounted bike rack. Traditional tandems are so large that they need to be carried on a specialist roof rack attachment. The Helios is so compact when packed that we can even offer a courier delivery solution to your home if you live outside our collection area. Transport on Trains and Planes is not usually a problem.
4. Easy to Adjust – both seat posts are quick release and stoker bars adjust with an allen key, so you can switch between riders within minutes
5. Great Fun – we can’t get enough of riding the Helios. Despite the 20″ diameter wheels the ride is comfortable, fast and when loaded with rear panniers and a head tube bag there is more than enough storage room for a weekend or even a week on the road.
Check out some Circe Helios press reviews: Bike Radar
Our Circe Helios tandem hire bikes are supplied as standard with a rear pannier rack, mudguards, stand, lock, 2 bottle cages, pump, tool kit and Brompton bag mount on the head tube. For a small additional cost we can provide Ortlieb Panniers (40 Litres) and a Brompton T Bag (31 Litres) which clips on to the head tube.
Circe Helios Tandem Hire Pricing – 2011
1 Day Hire – £70 (Collection Only)
3 Day Hire – £110
Week Hire – £150 (Special Offer 2nd week for £100)
Longer term hire by special arrangement at a discounted rate, please Enquire
Further information or to make a reservation please call Peter +44(0)7917 231934 or Chris +44(0)7050 126630 or complete our online enquiry form.
‘Ride Before You Buy’ Scheme
If you are thinking of buying a Circe Helios but want to conduct a thorough test run first then our Ride Before You Buy scheme is for you. Hire a Circe Helios from TOTALLY-TANDEMS for a week or weekend and we will refund 100% of the hire fee in the form of Upgrades (Mudguards, Racks, Pedals, Storage Bag etc) when you buy the bike through us.
We can provide this service Nationwide through our boxed delivery service. Please call us or send an email enquiry.
Easy to Transport as roughly the same dimensions as a solo bike when partially disassembled.